Over the past few weeks we've been quietly rolling out a number of cool updates.
These updates include:
- If you create a case from an email and it shouldn't have been a case, you now have the ability to mark a case as Not a Case and effectively "unopen" it from the case status selector at the top of the case view. Adding in this functionality is paving the way for a few really powerful updates in the works. Stay tuned!
- Case status in the case viewer up top now says what each status is so new users will instantly know the difference between New Cases (needing your attention), Open Cases (needing the customers attention) and Closed Cases (resolved).
- When re-assigning a case or changing a case status from the case viewer, a message comes up letting you know what's happening while the page loads. Previously, the only indication that anything was happening was that your browser showed you it was loading a page.
- After re-assigning a case or changing a case status from the case viewer, your actions will be confirmed and you'll be provided a link back to view the case you just changed. Previously, you were just brought back to your inbox with no confirmation of the change.
- When replying to a case or adding a note, the Reply and Add Note buttons disable preventing you from double clicking or replying multiple times to a case by accident.
- Voicemails are now parsed from more providers! In addition to Google Voice, and VelocityPBX, we now support voicemails from RingCentral, Packet8 (8x8) and OracleCMS. When a voice message is receiving via email in FuseDesk, instead of linking the email to the sender, we look up the contact based on the phone number they called from saving you the step of manually looking the contact up and linking the case.
- New icons have been added to the sidebar for most all items
- You can now view all the reps in FuseDesk, see which reps are active and when they last logged in, which reps have been disabled, and which Infusionsoft users have never logged into FuseDesk before.
- After clicking on Preferences on the left hand side bar, there are now links to access preferences, app options, department settings and reps
- Admin permission checking is now supported, so when viewing app options, department settings, or reps, you'll need to be an Infusionsoft Admin
- Uploading of multiple attachments separately is now supported. Previously, you could upload multiple attachments at the same time, or individually after refreshing the case. This has been fixed so that multiple file uploads can happen separately when sending a case.
- The title of the window in your browser now shows how many new cases are assigned to you and how many unassigned cases need assignment. This number changes on the fly so even while you're on a different website, at a glance in your browser, you can see how many cases need attention.
- When viewing emails in the case history, we now show what address the email was sent to and if there was anyone in CC. This way you see what address was mailed and who else was in copy on each email.
This is quite a roll up of recently released updates and there are even more in the works!
We've rolled out a few important updates recently that you'll now notice in your FuseDesk Application. Specifically auto-responders are now auto-filed, pages load faster, and new cases are created better.
Auto Responders: Tired of those pesky "Out of Office", "Auto Reply" and "Verification" messages? FuseDesk now filters for the most common auto responders and automatically files these messages making the time you spend reviewing Unassigned emails all the more productive.
Fear not, the messages are never deleted. You can always find these message under the Advanced Search.
Page Loading: Did you notice that we got a bit faster as of late? It wasn't your imagination! FuseDesk now lets your browser keep a local cached copy of your templates, reps and departments so that we spend less time loading them up on every page request. This is a dramatic speed improvement, especially if your Infusionsoft application has a lot of templates.
For Voicemails, we'll look in your Infusionsoft account for contacts with the phone number the call came from. If we find one contact (and only one), we'll link the email up automatically. If not, the email will still come "from" the person who left the voicemail, but remain unlinked.
Don't worry, if you have multiple contacts with the same phone number, you can still link the email up with one click after viewing the case.
This week we're proud to roll out a newly updated and far more robust reporting system for all FuseDesk Applications, including yours!
The new reporting system allows you to:
- View data in a specific data range
- Group data by day, week or month (Thanks, Terry!)
- Download your report data to CSV (Thanks, Paul!)
In addition, we added two new reports by popular request:
FuseDesk now supports Infusionsoft Company records!
This means that when a case is assigned to a contact, if that contact is part of a company, the case is now linked to that company in FuseDesk, too.
In addition, when viewing a case, the contact summary now:
- Links directly to the contact in Infusionsoft
- Displays the name of the contact's company, if set
- Links directly to the company in Infusionsoft if a company record exists
- Links to other cases that the contact has in FuseDesk
- Links to other cases that the company has in FuseDesk
Attachments have been one of the most requested features of FuseDesk and we're proud to say that in addition to accepting an even larger variety of inbound file attachments, you can now attach files to your outbound email replies, too!
To send files back along with your email reply, simple select the files you'd like to send next to where it says Attachments in your email reply.
Great news! We're hard at work adding new help documentation and support docs to our newly launched online help site. Find out how to setup email forwarding, find sent emails, transfer cases and more.
We'll be adding more walkthroughs, screen shots, and videos as we grow the support site and would love to know what articles you'd like to see. We'll continue to add new articles based on your questions, so keep asking!
Now that we have customers using FuseDesk from all around the world, the need to support Timezones in FuseDesk has become more important than ever.
You can now edit your timezone setting by going into your preferences and choosing which timezone you're located in.
This setting is on a per rep basis and is not set application wide so each rep can see dates in FuseDesk in their own timezone which is great given how many FuseDesk customers have "virtual" staff using their FuseDesk app in multiple timezones.
FuseDesk now gives you a few options on how to handle linking emails to contacts in Infusionsoft.
Your options are now:
- Link the email to the first contact with the matching email address - this is what we recommend and what has been the default all along
- Link the email to a contact in Infusionsoft only if ONE match is found - this was added when we found some customers have multiple contacts with the same email address on purpose
- Don't link to contacts in Infusionsoft - we don't recommend this option as you'll have to manually link each case when it's opened, but just in case you want this... it's there.
Thanks to Tim for the suggestion and to Pav, Lauren and Carmina for the support!