We've rolled out a few important updates recently that you'll now notice in your FuseDesk Application. Specifically auto-responders are now auto-filed, pages load faster, and new cases are created better.
Auto Responders: Tired of those pesky "Out of Office", "Auto Reply" and "Verification" messages? FuseDesk now filters for the most common auto responders and automatically files these messages making the time you spend reviewing Unassigned emails all the more productive.
Fear not, the messages are never deleted. You can always find these message under the Advanced Search.
Page Loading: Did you notice that we got a bit faster as of late? It wasn't your imagination! FuseDesk now lets your browser keep a local cached copy of your templates, reps and departments so that we spend less time loading them up on every page request. This is a dramatic speed improvement, especially if your Infusionsoft application has a lot of templates.
FuseDesk now supports Infusionsoft Company records!
This means that when a case is assigned to a contact, if that contact is part of a company, the case is now linked to that company in FuseDesk, too.
In addition, when viewing a case, the contact summary now:
- Links directly to the contact in Infusionsoft
- Displays the name of the contact's company, if set
- Links directly to the company in Infusionsoft if a company record exists
- Links to other cases that the contact has in FuseDesk
- Links to other cases that the company has in FuseDesk
Now that we have customers using FuseDesk from all around the world, the need to support Timezones in FuseDesk has become more important than ever.
You can now edit your timezone setting by going into your preferences and choosing which timezone you're located in.
This setting is on a per rep basis and is not set application wide so each rep can see dates in FuseDesk in their own timezone which is great given how many FuseDesk customers have "virtual" staff using their FuseDesk app in multiple timezones.
FuseDesk now gives you a few options on how to handle linking emails to contacts in Infusionsoft.
Your options are now:
- Link the email to the first contact with the matching email address - this is what we recommend and what has been the default all along
- Link the email to a contact in Infusionsoft only if ONE match is found - this was added when we found some customers have multiple contacts with the same email address on purpose
- Don't link to contacts in Infusionsoft - we don't recommend this option as you'll have to manually link each case when it's opened, but just in case you want this... it's there.
Thanks to Tim for the suggestion and to Pav, Lauren and Carmina for the support!
Over the weekend we released an upgrade to how you configure your departments in FuseDesk.
Instead of having one department be a "catch all" for all reps, current and future, you can now specify a default department for new reps and then just put the reps you want in the departments you want.
For example, you can have Suzie in Support and Billing, Bob just in Billing, and Charlie and Denise both in Sales.
We've just released an update hot on the tails of being able bulk reply to unassigned emails. You can now bulk reply to existing support cases that are already open and assigned.
Now, if you have a handful of open emails on the same topic sitting open in your inbox, you can with a few quick clicks respond to them all.
When might you use this?
Let's say you run a webinar and get a bunch of emails from folks saying it wasn't working and asking if there will be a replay.
Today, we released a number of minor, but great new features, most because of YOUR requests!
- When searching for customers to assign a case to, in addition to just linking the case, you can now view more information on each suggested contact right in Infusionsoft to make sure you're linking to the right person. (You'd be amazed at how many people with the same name you can have in Infusionsoft that are truly different people!)
- If you have more than 1,000 templates in Infusionsoft, FuseDesk now properly loads them all for you. It is still best to assign the templates you use most to categories so you can find them easier.
- Template lists are now alphabetized to make finding your favorite templates even easier.
- When searching for cases under Advanced Case Search, you can now search by department, too.
- Contact search has been drastically improved. It now uses the exact same search format as the quick search box in the top right of your Infusionsoft application, meaning you can search by name, phone number, ContactID, etc...
Please continue to request new features by using the Feedback bar on the left hand side of the site.
Today we launched some major changes internally as well as a few minor bug fixes. We saved the best for last, but make sure to check out all the updates below before skipping ahead!
Sent vs. Received Emails in Infusionsoft: Received emails now show up as received (not sent) in Infusionsoft when viewing a contact's email history, i.e. the line for the email is white vs. gray. This was made possible by the fine folks at Infusionsoft opening up the API to finally allow us to say if an email was sent or received. (Thanks, Justin!)
Case Transfer History: When you transfer cases between reps and departments (more below!) the transfer history will now show up in the case history. This adds a lot of context and insight to a case history as it moves it's way around your organization internally.
Last Updated April 13, 11:20am PST. Bug Fixed by Infusionsoft.
Ever since the latest release that we were upgraded to on Tuesday, we've been seeing a strange bug in what we thought was our FuseDesk App. Ends up that it's a really fun bug in the latest release of Infusionsoft. We've opened a tier 2 support ticket and this is being escalated and worked on as we speak.
The error you'll likely see is that when you go to reply to someone, a different person's email address will appear in the to line of the email than the person you intended to email. If you don't catch this, you can end up emailing or replying to someone completely unrelated to the email case you're working on.
This bug only affects the default email template you use for single emails. This is often TemplateID 145 and is called "Default Template (For Single E-mail)".